Blue Access LLC seeks a full-time Chief Impact Officer (CIO) to support our work on priority issues in water and sustainable investing. We identify and address water access issues in underserved communities and invest in innovative financial solutions to address water needs.
The Blue Access CIO will lead our sustainable investment strategy. In this role, the CIO will identify and evaluate investment opportunities, analyze data, conduct financial due diligence on potential investments, and research and evaluate innovative solutions that support structural change in water finance. The CIO reports to the CEO.
Candidates should show a strong proficiency in financial analysis, and experience in water security and sustainable investing.
Specific Chief Impact Officer responsibilities include:
Sustainable Finance & Strategy
- Administer the investment process, including identifying and managing pipeline sources, evaluating opportunities, assisting in due diligence, and writing investment memoranda.
- Provide financial analysis for potential sustainable investment initiatives.
- Develop successful proposals as sustainable investment opportunities to promote programs and projects that advance Blue Access’s priorities.
- Evaluate financial models that promote structural change in approaches to water solutions and financing.
- Address and manage complex issues to achieve Blue Access goals, including the ability to gather, interpret, and use relevant data to drive strategy development, make decisions, and drive results.
- Assist with operational planning and execution, establishing effective and efficient processes to align priorities with Blue Access’s goals, strategy, and mission.
- Evaluate the applicability of “B Corp” certification.
General Business Finance
- Engage the general business and financial principles of the organization to effectively lead, manage, and align resources for top effectiveness, including creating financial statements and budgets.
- Develop and use forward-looking predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for partners, investors, and the advisory board; and manage monthly and annual financial statements.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
Strategic Partnerships & Collaboration
- Assist in creating strategic partnerships and alliances to advance the mission of Blue Access.
- Represent the company to financial partners and others, including investors, NGOs, executives, auditors, and public officials.
- Collaborate effectively within and outside the organization and support team members to do the same.
Candidates should exhibit the following minimum qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in financial analysis, sustainable investing, or related fields. Strong financial analysis skills are critical.
- Master’s degree preferred in business, finance, engineering, science, or related joint programs or fields.
- Ability to understand the social, economic, environmental, and political landscape of Blue Access investment areas.
- Superior communications skills, including the ability to effectively communicate in groups and one-on-one; proven public speaking experience; and excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and similar programs. Working knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
The position is available immediately and requires working remotely at least through the spring of 2021. Compensation will be set based on qualifications and experience. To apply, please send a cover letter describing your interest, and your resume, to email@example.com.
Blue Access is headquartered in New York City. More information can be found here.