Blue Access currently seeks a full-time Chief Impact Officer (CIO) to support our work on priority issues in water and sustainable investing. We identify and address water quality and access issues in underserved communities domestically and globally and invest in innovative financial approaches that solve the problem.
The CIO will identify and evaluate sustainable financial investment opportunities, analyze data, conduct financial due diligence on potential investments, and research and evaluate innovative technology and infrastructure solutions, to support our work for structural change in water security and financial investment. The CIO will develop shared, measurable goals to scale and leverage strategies and innovative technology for broad sustainable investment. The CIO reports to the CEO.
Candidates should show a strong proficiency in financial analysis, and experience in water security and sustainable investing.
Specific Chief Impact Officer responsibilities include:
- Engage the general business and financial principles of the organization to effectively lead, manage, and align resources for top effectiveness, including creating financial statements and budgets, and analyzing the finances of potential sustainable investment initiatives.
- Administer the investment process, including identifying and managing pipeline sources, evaluating opportunities, assisting in due diligence, and writing investment memoranda.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Develop and use forward-looking predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for partners, investors, and the advisory board; prepare and manage monthly and annual financial statements.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise BA’s finance staff.
- Evaluate the applicability of “B Corp” certification.
- Evaluate potential innovative technologies and financial models to promote structural change in approaches to water solutions and financing.
- Develop successful proposals as investment opportunities to promote programs and projects that advance Blue Access’s priorities.
- Represent the company to financial partners and others, including investors, NGOS, executives, auditors, and public officials.
General Responsibilities include:
- Assist in creating strategic partnerships and alliances to advance the mission of Blue Access.
- Work collaboratively within Blue Access to ensure that research, community outreach, partnerships, financial analyses, investments, and messaging are strategically aligned, to position Blue Access as the thought leader around our mission, and to maximize resources to achieve measurable results.
- Address and manage complex issues to achieve Blue Access goals, including the ability to gather, interpret, and use relevant data to drive strategy development, make decisions, and drive results.
- Assist with operational planning and execution, establishing effective and efficient processes to align priorities with Blue Access’s goals, strategy and mission.
- Collaborate effectively within and outside the organization and support team members to do the same.
Candidates should exhibit the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in business, finance, engineering, science, social service/justice, public administration, or related joint programs or fields, 10+ years of supervisory and engagement experience in related fields, including financial analysis, formal meeting coordination, sustainable investing, and management. Strong financial analysis skills are critical.
- Ability to understand the social, economic, environmental, and political landscape of Blue Access investment areas.
- Superior communications skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with diverse social/economic audiences in groups and one-on-one; a perceptive listener; proven public speaking experience and excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and similar programs, and in social media platforms.
The position is available immediately and requires working remotely at least through December 31, 2020. Compensation will be set based on qualifications and experience. To apply, please send a cover letter describing your interest, and your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blue Access is headquartered in New York City. More information can be found here.